Friday, June 5, 2015

Meal Planning: Week of June 8th

Review from last week:

Greg has completely perfected his flank steak marinating and grilling technique and I look forward to it each and every time he makes it.  YUM.  We had the crème fraiche with dill to go with it, along with fingerling potatoes, corn on the cob and grilled asparagus. 


Made clam spaghetti, which to me is a sign that I truly have reached grown up status - cooking the meal that I always requested my mom make for every birthday dinner and most holidays growing up. Had it with a kale Caesar salad (had one with Hilary over the weekend and been craving more)!

Wednesday was tomato soup, kale Caesar and grilled cheese. 


On Thursday, Rachel and Raleigh joined us for burgers with pub cheese, kale Caesar (I bought a bunch of kale and lettuce this week!) and Mediterranean Orzo Salad.  I saw the orzo salad on The Pioneer Woman's Instagram feed yesterday and HAD TO HAVE IT.




A lunchtime recipe I experimented with was this zucchini noodle dish with walnut pesto.  I was amazed how much this "pesto" actually tasted like pesto and the dish itself was really filling. 


Plan for next week:

Saturday:  Out to eat!

Sunday: Chicken Lettuce Wraps

Monday: Chicken Wedge Salad with Apple, Walnuts and Lemon-Blue Cheese Dressing

Tuesday: Blue Apron Meal: Arepas de Carne Molida with Avocado and Pickled Jalapeno

Wednesday:  Blue Apron Meal: Chicken Piccata with Fresh Linguine Pasta and Garlic Scapes

Thursday: Blue Apron Meal: Salmon Burgers with Crème Fraiche Sauce & Potato Salad

Friday: Chicken and Avocado Burritos with Sriracha Lime Cream Sauce

No comments:

Post a Comment