Friday, September 13, 2013

Meal Planning: Week of September 16th

Review from last week:
 
Instead of chicken gyros, we opted for smoked BBQ chicken with peach/mango sauce.  Delicious.
 
 
The creamy tomato basil soup was really good, too.  I used less than half of the cream the recipe called for, but I didn't notice much difference!  I took half of it over to Rachel's house and Greg and Ben ate it at home.  Greg told me Ben ate an entire bowl of it, and said "dip" every time he dipped a cracker into it :)
 
 
The steak and eggs recipe was delicious, too, and took approximately 7 minutes total to make (if you don't count the time I spent burning the first round of bacon, nursing my minor burn wounds from splattering oil on myself from the pan, and trying to get all of the residual smoke this created out of the kitchen. Still, worth it).



Recipes for this week:
 
Sunday: Cod, Tomato/Lemon Quinoa and roasted asparagus.

Monday: I have a butternut squash that I purchased mistaking it for a spaghetti squash, so I'll be giving Butternut Squash Soup a try.

Tuesday: Maid-Rites and sweet potato fries - I read about this recipe on another blog, and OMG it sounded good.  And since it's apparently a Midwest recipe, I figured Greg would approve.

Wednesday: Crock Pot Santa Fe Chicken

Thursday: Cobb Salad Pizza 

Friday: Left-Overs or out to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment