Monday, August 12, 2013

Meal Planning: Week of August 12th

I forgot to plan ahead, but over the weekend Greg and I threw together a few ideas about what we would cook this week.

Monday:  Spaghetti (squash) and meatballs!  When Greg's family was here, Marcia made her famous spaghetti sauce and meatballs.  We had extra, so we froze it and get to enjoy it tonight!

Tuesday: Crab stuffed halibut.  This is a Greg speciality, so all I know is that it involves cream cheese and seasonings (a pinch of this and a dash of that).  I will be making garlic green beans to go along with it.

Wednesday:  "Turf and turf".  Fillets and chicken with a salad.  We actually had this last Friday night, and Ben ate an ENTIRE chicken breast.  I'm pretty sure that he is going through a growth spurt, because it seems like he is eating quite a bit more than he usually does.

Thursday: Chicken Piallard.  I know I make this a lot, but it's one of those recipes where you don't need too many ingredients.  We always have capers, lemon juice, garlic, shallots and arugula on hand, along with frozen chicken breasts - so this recipe usually just involves my purchasing fresh Italian parsley and olives and we are good to go!


Friday: Something quick and easy.  On Saturday morning, Greg and I will be leaving for a whirlwind trip to Sandpoint, ID for Jamie and Collin's wedding!  We will leave around 8 am, attend their wedding at 5pm, and then head back home first thing Sunday morning.  It will actually be our first time together away from Ben!  But back to meal planning - after working on Friday and packing that evening, I would rather grab take out and spend that evening snuggling with Ben and not worry about cooking :)

No comments:

Post a Comment