Thursday, February 7, 2013

Meal Planning: Week of February 11th

Review of last week: 
  • Mexican Spirals - delicious as usual.
  • I absolutely loved the quinoa and sweet potato chili.  My mom made it for me while she was watching Ben on Monday, and since Greg wasn't a big fan of it, I was able to enjoy it all week for lunch.

  • I didn't love the cod, but I think I strayed too far from the recipe to blame it on that.  I guess someone got a little too comfortable in thinking her cooking skills were at a higher level than they really are...
  • The gyros were really good!  I was surprised, as when I made them I really wasn't in the mood for them, but they were a hit!

Menu for the week:

I think I will make another batch of the Quinoa and Sweet Potato Chili for lunch this week.  It kept really well for several days and was the perfect, warm, mid-day meal.  Yum.

Monday: Spinach and cheese ravioli (Costco), chicken sausage and salad.

Tuesday: Pan-Seared Steak with roasted sweet potatoes and arugula salad.

Wednesday: HH with Jamie (rescheduled from last week).  Greg and Ben will probably have some chicken and cheese raviolis (Costco).

Thursday - Valentine's Day!  Boboli pizza - Pesto/Alfredo sauce with chicken sausage and veggies.  I'm hoping to make something adorable like this with the sausage (or maybe I'll add heart shaped red bell peppers)!


Friday: Crock Pot Honey Sesame Chicken and brown rice.  I'll run home during lunch to get this started in the crock pot since it only needs to cook for 3-4 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment