Friday, January 18, 2013

Meal Planning: Week of January 21st

Review of last week:

  • The Chicken Saltimbocca was AMAZING.  Definitely a new top 10 recipe in the Ingle house.  While I LOVED the mashed cauliflower "potatoes", Greg made a face and said, "um, no", and Ben dry-heaved upon tasting them.  So, whatever.  I live with veggie haters and it will be the death of me.
  • I never made the Green Goddess Grilled Cheese - I opted for microwave popcorn drizzled in white truffle oil (TRY IT) for my dinner instead.
  • The Baked Creamy Chicken Taquitos were a hit - and it was an easy make-ahead meal.
  • Tortelinni with Brussels Sprouts was great!  I didn't expect Greg to like this one as much as he did.  It was a successful week of food for sure!
I wanted to add the meal I plan to make this Saturday night, as it's one of my all-time favorite dishes my mom has made for me - Clam Spaghetti!  It was always the meal I requested as my birthday dinner, along with delicious garlic bread :)  We have some friends coming over for dinner on Saturday, so I thought I would bust this recipe out.  I plan to make a simple Tomato Basil Mozzarella Salad to go with it.

Monday: Roasted Shrimp with Spaghetti Squash. This recipe sounded great to me, but I'll keep some regular pasta on hand in case the squash "noodles" don't work out.

Tuesday: Chicken enchiladas (no link to recipe).  Rachel has made this for us a few times, and I've totally worked it into my regular rotation.  It's super easy, and if you use a rotisserie chicken, even easier.

Wednesday: There is nothing I enjoy more than coming home to a delicious stew that has been cooking in my slow cooker all day. This one for Beef Stew sounded pretty good!

Thursday: Cheese Tortellini with Lemon and Brussels Sprouts. Since this was such an crowd-pleaser last week (as in, the boys picked out the brussels sprouts and still enjoyed the pasta and bacon, and I loaded up on extra veggies), and since we have extra ingredients left over, I figured I would make another batch.  This time, I think I will add in some chicken.  Another side note, simple cheese tortellini is a perfect thing to keep stocked in the freezer when you have a toddler.  Throw any sauce and vegetable together with it and you have an easy, hearty meal.

Friday: We have a coupon for a $5 pizza from Papa Murphy's. I think I'll pick up a healthier "deLite" pizza (unless Greg happens to read this between now and then and demands his 5 meat stuffed.


1 comment:

  1. I have really been enjoying reading what you're making each week!

    ReplyDelete