Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Meal Planning - Week of November 5th

In an effort to better organize my life, I'm going to attempt to blog my weekly dinner plans.  We are aiming to eat out/grab take out less, and I would like to get back into the habit of grocery shopping once each week in order to buy only what we need for the week.  One of my new favorite bloggers does a "Week in Food" post each week, and along with my mother in law and her amazing home-cooked meals, I'm inspired to cook more (and better) meals for my family (on week nights, that is).

Additionally, I'm going to try to make a large batch of soup each Sunday that I can eat for lunches each week.

So, here we go.  (This will typically be Monday - Friday, but I'm starting mid-week this time).

Soup of the week: Chicken and white bean chili.  My MIL made this for me three times during her stay and I still cannot get enough of it!

Tonight: Trader Joe's Stuffed Peppers with Turkey and Rice, roasted brussels sprouts, arugula salad.

Thursday: Lemon Pepper Cod with Beurre Blanc Sauce, sauteed zucchini and yellow squash and Lemon Tomato Quinoa.

Friday:  Turkey and Basil Pesto paninis and canned soup. 

3 comments:

  1. Fun! Keep this up, it will be cool to read. Maybe I should do it too...I'll have so much free time for blogging and cooking after Owen comes, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! It's so much easier to "want" to cook dinner when you don't have to also try to decide what to make. And, grocery shopping will be super easy! Let me know if you need soup recipes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, please keep this up. My own personal meal planner!

    ReplyDelete